Technical Animator (Unreal Engine 4)
Development of the Virtual Beings solution in Unreal Engine 4. Help us bring characters to life and improve their visual appearance through coding and AI solutions, all while working alongside a team of talented developers.
- Lead our engineering team developing the virtual being controller inside Unreal Engine.
- Work closely with the project leads to shape the development direction and help expand on the virtual beings’ capabilities and features.
- Collaborate with the AI team defining the “brain” of the virtual being, how it translates into the character’s behavior, and provide them with feedback on how it can be altered or improved for better results.
- Help define solutions for the character’s animation systems to achieve outstanding results in its emotional responses’ believability.
- Improve and alter virtual beings’ parameters and set-ups for better behavioral and emotional results. Identify issues or possible cases for improvement in animation and technical pipelines if the current approach doesn’t provide a result that we are looking for.
- A portfolio of your work. Primarily, we are interested in characters’ animations control, body and facial animation pipelines, emotional responsiveness, rigging and morph targets, automation and controlling of the rigs through code.
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and specifics of human facial musculature.
- Deep understanding of human psychology and emotions and how they visually manifest themselves.
- Good knowledge of both body and facial motion capturing, as well as rigging, modelling and texturing.
- You are able to define a motion-capture delivery list, guide and oversee the process, and evaluate the results.
- Experience with animation pipelines for game engines and applied limitations.
- Fundamental understanding of Unreal Engine; its animation and blueprints pipelines understanding is a must have.
- Excellence in at least one animation program: MotionBuilder, Maya, etc.
- Knowledge of C++, ability to evaluate and edit custom tools and scripts is a great plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and results-oriented.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Languages: English Intermediate +.
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of indefinite-term contract / employment.