Technical Facial Animator of Virtual Beings (UE5)
Development of the Virtual Beings solution in Unreal Engine 5 to bring virtual characters facial representation to life and define their visual appearance through coding and application of AI solutions while working alongside a team of talented developers.
- Working in a team with a general Technical Animator to develop the head and facial behavioral controller for the Virtual Beings that corresponds to general character behavior, expanding on its facial capabilities and features.
- Working with the engineering team in Unreal Engine 5 environment shaping and tuning the Virtual Beings controller for better behavioral and emotional results.
- Working with the project leads to shape the facial development direction.
- Collaborating with the AI team defining the "brain" and "emotions" of the virtual being, how it translates into the character's behavior and providing them with feedback on how it can be altered or improved for better and more authentic and believable representation of the human face.
- Assisting in the definition of solutions for the character's animation systems to achieve outstanding results in its emotional responses' believability.
- Identifying issues or possible cases for improvement in animation and technical pipelines if the current approach doesn't provide the result that we are looking for.
- Preparation and adjustment of required animations for the defined pipeline.
- A portfolio of your work. Primarily, we are interested in characters' animation control over the head and facial animation pipelines, emotional responsiveness, behavioral automation, and controlling of the rigs through code.
- Excellent knowledge of specifics of the human facial musculature.
- Deep understanding of human psychology and emotions and how they visually manifest themselves on a human face in various conditions, actions, and dialog situations.
- Good knowledge of facial motion capturing and rigging.
- Ability to define a classic animation or motion-capture delivery list, guide and oversee the process, and evaluate the results.
- Experience with animation pipelines for game engines and applied limitations.
- Fundamental understanding of Unreal Engine; its animation and blueprints pipelines.
- Excellence in at least one animation program: MotionBuilder, Maya, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of C++ and the ability to evaluate and edit custom tools and scripts.
- Enterprise experience with a decent team-player experience, project following & sustaining, assist in collaborations with colleagues and those with comparative junior experience.
- Participation in commercial releases of projects made in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 (high-budget, big-production projects are a plus).
- Basic understanding of modern artificial intelligence technologies: reinforced learning, genetic algorithms.
- Basic shaders, tech art experience.
Languages: English Intermediate or higher (B1+).
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of indefinite-term contract / employment.