VB / VR QA Engineer (UE5)
Provide Quality Assurance in the development of Virtual Beings solution in Unreal Engine 5. The solution is based on the integration of custom Evolving AI technology and custom architecture that uses genetic algorithms and reinforcement learning, creating a system capable of learning skills in real-time and capturing the surrounding context. Part of the project is a dialogue system allowing users to engage NPCs in a free-flowing conversation. Virtual Beings are integrated into a large third-party Social VR project.
- Designing test cases and ensuring their thorough coverage over various components and systems of Virtual Beings.
- Conducting tests of applications with Virtual Beings in accordance with the test cases on a scheduled basis in VR and Desktop.
- Testing new features before they get released.
- Analyzing and predicting user behaviors related to interaction with Virtual Beings.
- Overseeing matches between predictions and actual user experiences.
- Assisting definition of the quality metrics that ensure that the product quality level is on par with requirements and expectations.
- Calculating metrics and test cases' results on a regular basis, passing build reports to the team in a clear and structured way.
- Investigating found bugs and product's weak points, shaping bug reports, and reporting sufficient data to the team.
- Following bugs through until they are fixed.
- Assisting in shaping the product use cases.
- Access to VR (HTC Vive Pro 1/2, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 1 / 2 with Link/Air Link, or later devices) and PC capable of running high-end VR applications.
- Advanced spoken and written English, ability to communicate fluently on any given theme.
- Experience in testing through all of the phases of development and adjusting the test process according to the needs and current phase of a project's development.
- Track record of real production testing experience on game or entertainment/social projects.
- Bug-tracking experience.
- Past experience in using online services to shape QA-related reports and documentation, such as Notion, Google services, Miro, and others.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Experience with online game titles, MMOs, and social VR games.
- Deep passion towards VR and technologies of the future in social entertainment.
Languages: English Advanced or higher (C1+).
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of indefinite-term contract / employment.