AI Developer (Unreal Engine 4)
Development of Virtual Being solution in Unreal Engine 4 based on integration of custom Evolving AI technology. The solution is based on a custom architecture that uses genetic algorithms and reinforcement learning, together creating a system capable of learning skills in real-time and capturing surrounding context. Part of the project is a dialogue system, allowing users to engage NPCs in a free-flowing conversation.
- Development using C++.
- Implementation and integration of different AI elements and subsystems in Unreal Engine 4: context awareness, behaviors, character motions and animations control, voice controls, batch training mode, server-side agents support, state persistence, library integrations, etc.
- Working with an external development team on integrating solution into a third-party project codebase.
- Working on a showcase that contains all integrated AI features in a polished, user-friendly environment.
- 5+ years of C++ development experience.
- 3+ years of Unreal Engine development experience.
- Gameplay systems development experience (Animations, Animations Blueprints, Montages and advanced animations controls, Blend Spaces and State Machines, Character Controller, Client/Server, Physics/Raycasts).
- UMG UI development experience.
- HTTP / WebSocket Client-Server interaction.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Participation in commercial releases of projects made in Unreal Engine 4 (high budget AAA projects are a plus).
- Editor extensions experience (Editor Utilities, Plugins).
- Optimization (reducing draw calls, CPU boundaries, managing application size, PiX, NSight).
- HTTP 2.0 and REST APIs.
- ISO C++11.
- Basic understanding of modern artificial intelligence technologies: reinforced learning, genetic algorithms.
- Basic shaders experience.
- Understanding of architectural patterns.
Languages: English Intermediate +.
Contract duration: 12 months, possibility of indefinite-term contract / employment.